Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Book Project: Don't Try To Find Me


My chosen book is the fictional novel “Don’t Try to Find Me” by Holly Brown (published July 8 2014).

 
The three books I looked at were: Don’t Try to Find Me, The Wonder of All Things, and The Care and Management of Lies. For starters, I knew that I wanted to read a work of fiction, as interests me more than nonfiction. Then, I searched both Amazon and the Wisconsin digital library system (anyone can use if you have a library card at a Wisconsin public library – check it out, it’s cool). I mainly just randomly looked through books without narrowing search terms down except by publishing date, and finally settled on these three because based on the summary I had found a way to connect them to the information society.

Here is some general information about the three:

Don’t Try to Find Me (Holly Brown; 2014):
Brief summary: A girl runs away to be with a boy she has met online, and her family turns to social media sites in order to try to find her, exposing secrets along the way.
Number of pages: 352

The Wonder of All Things (Jason Mott; 2014):
Brief Summary: A young girl who has the ability to heal people finds herself growing weaker as a result and must deal with the growing public attention she is receiving after this discovery.
Number of pages: 303

The Care and Management of Lies (Jacqueline Winspear; 2014):
Brief Summary: Set in 1914 during the war, two friends are separated and turn to letters to share their stories.
Number of pages: 319

Lastly, while The Care and Management of Lies seemed to have the largest quantity of reviews/library availabilities, I decided that Don’t Try to Find Me related better to the information society and was a more interesting concept that I would like to read and review. For Don’t Try to Find Me, I found a review on ProQuest, but could not find if the reviewer (Michele Leber, 2014) had any books of her own. There were no reviews on Project Muse. This may be because the book is still so new.  

 Citation:
Leber, M. (2014). Don't try to find me. The Booklist, 110(19), 34. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com.ezproxy.library.wisc.edu/docview/1535384973?accountid=465

1 comment:

  1. These books look awesome, but I think the book needs to be non-fiction (if I'm wrong, please tell me!). I think there's probably a lot of nonfiction about these subjects though.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.