- Future Perfect: The Case for Progress In A Networked Age by Steven Johnson
- The End of Big: How the Internet Makes David the New Goliath by Nicco Mele
- In Real Life: Love, Lies & Identity in the Digital Age by Nev Schulman.
After researching the "chatter" and reviews of all three books In Real Life: Love, Lies & Identity in the Digital Age seemed to be the choice with the most reviews from Google Books and seemed to fit my interests better than the other two options. Since the book was just released last month the academic reviews are slim but I expect more to appear in the upcoming months.
To begin searching for a book to read for this project I went to goodreads.com and typed in the term information society. After hitting the search button I looked at the publication dates and selected the books that matched the two year mark. Once I had a decent list of choices I began to research summaries and reviews of each book in order to decide which intrigued my interest the most.

I love goodreads.com! Just felt the need to say that ;)
ReplyDeleteWhat an interesting pick! I love watching his show "Catfish"! I am actually reading a book similar to this-it is about how teenagers are using social media today and how it defines our identities.
ReplyDelete