Monday, October 13, 2014

Book Project: It's Complicated: the social lives of networked teens

For my book project, I knew I wanted to do something involving "cyber bullying." I went onto Amazon.com and found a book called Teen Cyber Bullying Investigation and Cyber Bullying in the Digital Age. I thought that both of these books fit perfectly into our class, and would be interesting to read. Unfortunately, the book Teen Cyber Bullying Investigation was published in 2010, therefore I was unable to complete my project using that particular book. After doing further research, I found a book called It's Complicated: the social lives of networked teens by Denah Boyd. This book investigates identity, privacy, safety, danger and bullying all in one book. I found the book website (http://www.danah.org/itscomplicated/) and started reading the reviews. All of the reviews explained that this book was the most relevant, well known, and interesting. I also discovered that It's Complicated is available in 1580 libraries, is very popular on Google, has a high popularity rate on LibraryThings, and received 4.13 stars. I looking forward to diving into this book.

2 comments:

  1. This one looks really interesting! Was definitely my 4th candidate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.