Sunday, November 9, 2014

Manpower

1:  Madison, WI:

     My search of Madison, WI yielded 15 job results mostly contract, but some permanent positions.  Most of the work was general labor of which required no experience or educational background.  Some more technical positions, such as those in the field of engineering, required college degrees, and colorful tech backgrounds to be admitted.  Wages shifted respectively along with the amount of experience necessary.  None of these positions looked particularly interesting to me as it was mostly hands-on engineering and manual labor of which I hate doing.

2:  Monona, WI:

     There were actually no positions being offered in my hometown.  Given the 25 mile range, all results were pulled from surrounding towns, such as repeating results from my Madison search as well as some new results all the way from Watertown and Edgerton.  Some of the new positions included things such as customer service representatives and food prep work, which sounded slightly more appealing, but still nothing I'd personally like to be a part of.

3:  Orlando, FL:

     I chose Orlando because it's the city my dad now lives in and is also a city in which I wouldn't mind living someday.  Given all there is to do job-wise in Orlando, especially by means of tourism, I figured several results would come up.  My search came up with 28 results, all of which appeared far more interesting than those in or around Madison.  These positions ranged from digital media assistants to Pharmacy specialists and there were many more permanent and contract positions available.  Many of the positions required college experience and/or a respective background relative to the field.  Wages offered were much higher, however this may be due to the fact that everything is at a higher price in most areas of Florida.

     I found it very interesting to see how many job positions were being offered through this firm across the nation with such a variety of wages, experience necessary, and locations.  With so many jobs like this available it reassures my belief that there is always a way to find a place to work.  After all, if you want to win the lottery, you first have to earn the money to buy a ticket.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.