Monday, November 17, 2014

Aris Game

When I spent some time playing and looking through the app Aris, I found myself honestly not that impressed. I think that Aris has the potential to be interesting, but the way that it is set up now makes it now as appealing to me personally. The location specific games that were presented seemed like a virtual-non virtual tour of sorts, where you had to physically go to the location that was shown and then it would send you to a different location. Mainly, the games all seemed to be a way to present someone with facts about a certain building or a history of an area. However, it didn't feel very game-like because there weren't any rewards or scores or game-like incentives that would've made it more exciting. I think that if more videogame and other type of game-like content was added, Aris could become an innovative combination of games and tours, which would be more interesting to invest time in.

1 comment:

  1. Mei Li, Levi, Sydney, and I had a similar experience. We agree with what you said and think the game needed some kind of challenge or enticing objective. We also agree with your observation that the game was not too virtual. This game would have been much more exciting if we didn't hear a lot of facts. The facts could have at least interested us to continue the game. Instead it was more of a turnoff.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.