Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Thanksgiving

Over the holiday, I interviewed my grandfather and asked him what his most important piece of technology was. He answered simply; his new iPhone 6 plus. As the partner of one of the most successful law firms in Rochester, NY, my grandfather needs to always be reachable. Because of the size, speed, and user-friendly characteristics that the iPhone 6 plus harbors, he is able to conduct business, respond to emails, and take conference calls without using his readers. My grandfather always makes use of a new notebook computer that turns into a tablet or stays as a computer but as much as he loves it he said simply, "I can't bring it with me everywhere. Now my iPhone, you'll rarely find me without it."

The fact that my grandfather (at 79) has the literacy skills to effectively use iPhones and laptops amazes me. He grew up without any of these things existing and now uses technology as much if not more than I do. I will call his bluff on one thing though, he DEFINITELY still uses his readers with his new iPhone. Even the massive display can't cancel out deteriorating eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.