Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Geodemographic Shadow Body

Performing geodemographic searches for myself did not provide a whole lot of personal information. A reverse search of my cell phone number only told me what city I lived in, while a reverse search of my home phone number revealed my parents' and brother's names and my address. My zipcode revealed that I live in a predominantly white area with a wide range of age groups and households.

Googling myself had mixed results. There is a woman named Lorin Cox who lives in Arizona who took up most of the search results. My Twitter page is the number one result (because I'm super famous), but the other Lorin's facebook page and linked in account take precedence over mine. A picture of me is the 11th result on a Google Image search of my name, but no other pictures of me are listed. Pictures I've posted or created appear, but I don't generally post pictures of myself, so there is very little of me for Google to aggregate.

It would be pretty hard to make a good shadow body of me. The only thing a company would be able to pull much out of is my Twitter page, but even there, I don't have much personal information available. Despite having a rather uncommon name, it is still hard to find out much about me, which is a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.