Tuesday, October 28, 2014

My Shadow Body

I found that by googling my name, I wasn't able to find much information about myself. I found links to my Twitter and Facebook which, due to my privacy settings, don't relay that much information to a stranger trying to find things on me. Using my number in white pages was an accurate way to find my location because of course it is easy to trace that.

Putting my name into google in many different ways each resulted in searches for Thomas The Tank Engine rides in Sydney, Australia. I also found many links to different 'Sydney Thomas's' pinterests as well as Twitters. I found an inaccurate amount of information that directly linked to myself which makes me happy because now I know it is hard to find out information on me. By adding keywords like "Chicago" as well as my father's name brought up the most results because it helped narrow the search. However, when searched with keywords like "Chicago" and my father's name, it mostly brings up my dad's stats and information about his career not as much about me personally.

I feel like anyone trying to create a shadow body on me would have a difficult time finding personal/accurate information. I could barely find any myself. This may be due to the fact that I am only 18 years old, however, I do know some people my age that when Google'd, a mountain of information pops up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.