I found a lot of information about myself when I searched for myself, although I wasn't very surprised by what I found. It was mostly about my achievements in high school and my various social media accounts. I was really interested by the first four sites that were posted in the blog because I never knew all the facts about my town and I was very intrigued by it. A couple of my friends actually went on the websites themselves to look for information about their towns .
When I type in my phone number on White
Pages, it says that I live in Cranford, NJ, which is the town next to mine. When
I type in my zip code on Fact Finder, it is a typical suburban town in New
Jersey; with 96% high school graduate or higher, $130,000 average family
income, and under 3% poverty rate. When I typed in my street address on Access
Dane, it was unable to locate my house. According to NY Times, the average
family income in my neighborhood is $148,000 and has only changed around 1%
since 2000. The average amount of high school graduates is 97% and my
neighborhood is 90% white.
When
I “Sophia Goldschmidt facebook” into Google, I am able to see all my profile
pictures, my cover photos, and that I go to University of Wisconsin, and am
originally from Westfield, New Jersey. The rest of my photos and wall are
private, so people can only see it if they are friends with me. When I type in
“Sophia Goldschmidt twitter”, the first link takes me directly to my twitter
page and since it is not private, everyone can read my tweets.
When
I just type my name into Google, it tries to correct it to Sophie Goldschmidt,
and shows me a lot of pictures of her, but I did find some pictures of me as
well. There are a couple pictures that I tweeted, some pictures of me running
track, and a picture of some kids from my high school and I that was in a
newspaper. The Google Web shows my social media accounts, and a bunch of track
results.
When I tried to find information on my city I couldn't find much, probably because its a small town. All I was able to find was the population, but all of the facts that you were able to collect are quite interesting. The newspaper articles were what filled most of my searches too! I'm surprised that you were able to see all of your tweets because I don't have my account private either and nothing related to twitter came up under my name! Hmm .. interesting.
ReplyDelete