Monday, November 3, 2014

Technology Free Weekend


            At first, going technology free wasn’t that difficult because my phone was broken so I had to take it to a repair shop overnight. My phone is usually how I access all the social media sites, so without it I wasn’t tempted to use my social media sites either. When I went out to dinner with my friends on Friday, all my friends were on their phones. I never realized how often the used their phones before because normally I’m on mine too. Without the use of technology, I felt out of the loop.
            When I got my phone back the next day, it became more difficult to go technology free because I needed to communicate with my friends about our housing situation for next year, and I wanted to make sure I had a way to communicate with my friends at Freakfest, just in case we got separated. I ended up using my phone to communicate, but I tried not to use it as much as I normally would. I also ended up going on Facebook just to scroll though pictures when I was bored, I don’t use Facebook much to talk to communicate with people. I did stay off my other social media sites.
             My favorite part about trying to go technology free was when I had to study and do work. I didn’t have any distractions and I felt like I was able to focus more on the work I was doing. I also got it done a lot faster than if I did have technologies to use.
             

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.