Monday, November 3, 2014

I'm bad at this (No Technology Challenge)

So that didn't last too long...

I attempted to cut myself off from technology for the weekend, I was able to get through Friday surprisingly, but it was quite difficult. Luckily it was easy for me to meet with my friends since they live on my floor, though I got some wired looks for constantly walking around just to tell them things. Since the suspension of technology use was planned to be only for the weekend, communication was not a huge issue. I was comfortable putting my internet communications on hold for the sake of this activity, but that was the easy part.

The hard part by far was entertainment. I attempted to be around my friends more often which was nice, but the craving for digital entertainment was very strong. However I did enjoy the increased physical contact with people, though the problems that arose from that was the fact that we often like to participate in electronic entertainment together. And so that was the reason I threw in the towel late Saturday, that combined with the "necessity" to plan meetings for Freakfest.

It could be possible that I have little self control, or that the world has truly integrated technology to the point where it's impossible to escape. The students from Carleton eventually went back to technology (albeit much later), and despite their positive views on the experience after all was said and done, it's hard for me to believe that any of them could have gone on living like that for much longer (especially in Carleton of all places).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.