Monday, November 3, 2014

Epic Fail


This was honestly the hardest assignment by far. I never realized how addicted I was to my phone but factor in Halloween weekend and the assignment got ten times more difficult. I was unable to do this and threw in the towel by friday night because there was no way I could coordinate with my friends and I was too afraid of getting lost Halloween night with no way to reach out to anyone. When I first started this challenge I just showed up at my friends dorm rooms and we coordinated plans but once people started getting ready and meeting up I needed my phone. In our group chats, people were giving plans and ideas for where to meet up and without a phone I couldn’t join in. I hope that we can revisit this assignment during a less busy weekend where I can fully focus on this and not let a holiday get in the way. I'm determined! 

2 comments:

  1. I totally understand this. Our phones are such an easy way to contact people. It is so common that it is just assumed that everyone will be able to communicate that way. It so common to have a phone on campus that the dorms don't even give out land lines anymore. Having a phone is also just a safety net when out. It can be used to keep track of friends or even call the police in the worst situations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way! Without a phone it almost feels like the world is moving on without you because everyone else is able to stay connected. Also, it was very difficult considering it was Halloween weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.