Monday, November 3, 2014
Wow, I failed
I was going to try and do this assignment, except weeks before we got this I had made plans with my friends for a Halloween google hangout. So starting at about 6 we on friday I started using google+ hangouts. And from there we all were on tumblr together. I was also talking to a friend from Canada on kiki. The next day I tried to stay off social media as much as possible and was able to manage it through out the football game, but it was hard. Even then I wanted to be multi-tasking on tumblr. After the game I realized I had almost nothing to do. Everything I do for fun these days is online. So after a few hours of laundry and reading a book I went online to check what had happened on youtube. I watched some videos. I was able to say off of the all other Social Media sites for the rest of the day. On sunday I gave up. There was a lot going on online that day and woke up and the first thing I did was go on Tumblr to see what I had missed. This assignment just highlighted what I already new. I am very dependent on the Internet. I, personally, don't think it is to much of a problem. I do need to work on doing things with people living in the same state as me. But being on the Internet doesn't mean I'm not social. I have had up to 5 conversations going on at one time online. And then also be on tumblr interacting with more people. To me the Internet is where I socialize so giving it up for a day was very lonely.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who struggled with this!! BTW love you title. Why is living without tech so difficult?
ReplyDelete