Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Blogging Reflection

From the early days of my introduction to my late-october blog critique and beyond, my writing style has remained fairly similar.  I don't think my writing style ever really changed throughout the semester as blog posts are kind of a diary entry of sorts where I dump my thoughts on a given topic without too much editing work or self-reflection.  This writing style I have exhibited in blog posts throughout the semester is much more personal, but also informal and similar in tone throughout.  Blog posts are not similar to the way I present myself in other sections of this class.  In the actual classroom, I'm more shy and withdrawn in my opinions.  I often have something to say, but take too long to figure out how to say it in the discourse of a fast-paced discussion.  I therefore rely heavily on formal writing assignments to show that I am paying attention and actually do have a solid understanding on the class.  I have certainly felt more willing to offer my opinions in discussion as the semester has progressed, though.  I'm still nervous when giving speeches, but I enjoy the collaborative type of discussion that our small community encouraged.  I'd say that formal writing assignments are the most true representation of myself and my ideas as they most accurately represent my opinions and knowledge of the course in ways of which I am unable to properly convey through discussion or blog posts.  I believe that my understanding of the course comes out best through formal writing assignments because blog posts are too indirect and informal and discussion section is a little too fast-paced for my level of comfortability.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.