Tuesday, December 2, 2014
Reviewing my Blog Posts
On this discussion section blog, I've presented my work in a more informal manner. When I read through my old blog posts, I felt that my writing was very simplified and didn't have as much academic language as a research paper would have. I think that for the most part this way of writing is okay, because it mirrors the style of the assignment prompts and the blog is naturally conversational (because of the replies and forum-like format). It is still an edited version of myself, as I still try to maintain my online academic identity. In discussion section, I tend to speak even more informally, saying "like" every 10 words, typical of every other, like, teenager. On exams, I like to think that my essays are dense and intellectual, however they may have grammatical errors, flaws in information, or spelling errors. When writing on the blog, I have ample time to think through my writing, research details, and look through my course texts. I would say that in person in discussion section is my most "true" self-representation, because there is no backspace, there is no googling information mid-sentence, there is no online thesaurus. It means that I really need to prepare myself for each scholarly discussion section. This blog really only tests my ability to maintain an online presence.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.