Chicago: 37 jobs found. 23 of these jobs are contract, 11 were permanent, and 3 were temporary.
Madison: 11 jobs found. 8 were contract. 2 were permanent, and only one was temporary.
New York City: 31 jobs found. Of these jobs, 14 were contract, 12 were permanent, and 5 temporary.
Most of the permanent jobs listed were found in multiple locations and usually required more education and experience than those that were temporary or contracted.
Oddly enough, Chicago had more listings than New York City, which when considering the ratio of the populations, is off. I'm guessing "Manpower" just has a stronger reach in certain parts of the country.
I think some of the jobs, especially the contracted and temporary, which are the main types found on Manpower seem ideal for those who fit the requirements and are in a rough situation/unemployed, or just wanted to have a nice starting point in order to build a nice resume in a certain field. Generally most of the job descriptions in all three cities seemed extremely vague with little to no information on the company hiring. There are a nice amount of jobs being offered, especially in NYC and Chicago, yet they do not cover every field, with most of the higher up positions being offered being more business than anything else.
Most of the companies that were listed, I had never heard of. I guess the site has a "scammish" quality to it. I think people seriously trying to find a job will look on more popular job sites for brands and companies that they could see themselves trusting more than the ones listed on Manpower. Even the Youtube videos "explaining" the site were extremely vague and pretty amateur in my opinion.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteIt's interesting that Chicago offered a greater number of jobs than NYC. You'd think that it would be the opposite due to size..
ReplyDelete