Monday, December 1, 2014

Thanksgiving Blog: Dad

During Thanksgiving, I had a discussion with my dad regarding his expertise on technology tools in literacy.

Me: Can you describe for me the most important information technology you use in your daily job?

Dad: "Probably my computer. I do everything on my computer all day long. I do e-learning development, graphic design, and 3D animation."
Me: How did you first learn to use this technology?
Dad: "On the job training. You get the programs and you start using them-trial and error."
Me: How difficult was it to master?
Dad: "Some were harder than others, but once you get the gist of some of them the others come easy."
Me: How does this technology effect your working conditions? For example, does it make your job more or less productive? 
Dad: "Much more productive. But I find my neck and wrist hurt towards the end of the day."
Me: Do you enjoy your job more now that you are able to use this sort of technology? 
Dad: "Yes."

While interviewing my dad, my mom eavesdropped and shared her expertise on technology tools in literacy. She works at Manpower, Inc. as a payroll specialist. She has to use the computer to enter in payroll and complete calculations. Payroll specialists used to have to record and calculate payroll by hand. I've noticed that computers are an essential tool in the world today, especially for those who are employed. Even for those of us who are still in school, computers are widely used to complete work and study for exams. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.